“And they rose at twilight to go to the camp of the Syrians; and when they had come to the outskirts of the Syrian camp, to their surprise no one was there.” (2 Kings 7:5, NKJV)
If you are unwilling to take a positive step, you will be unable to see victory. Those that are content to sit still will have stagnancy as a constant companion. Stagnancy is associated with lack of progress or death.
Four men with an ailment were at the entrance of the gate and one of them asked why are we sitting here waiting to die?
- Sometimes in life, it is better to move towards the source of your fear than to wait for the fear to kill you without seeing the source of the fear. Cowards die a thousand times before their death.
- The question asked by one of the lepers caused the others to think. Evaluate the questions that people ask you on the journey of life and your attitude before you discard them.
“A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” (Proverbs 18:24, NKJV)
“With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful; With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless; With the pure You will show Yourself pure;
And with the devious You will show Yourself shrewd.” (Psalm 18:25-26, NKJV)
- Every man born of woman will die one day why don’t you die moving in the direction of your dream. Even if you fail, fail while moving towards your destiny.
- Act wisely. To act means to do something or in this regard, to do something meaningful. If you do nothing you will get nothing. Doing something implies that you will get something. Action necessitates a reaction.
- The action that you take today results in a reaction tomorrow. A decision to act presents you before the Almighty as a candidate for the miraculous.
- Your apparent disability whether physical, social, economical or geographical should not constitute a hindrance to you.
- Every man or woman was born to solve a problem. You need to discover the problem that you were born to solve. “The greatest entrepreneurs are people who go looking for problems. You are born to solve a problem and the problem you are born to solve is the future of your success. Your prosperity is in the problem you are born to solve. To succeed in your vision, you need to invest your time in the right thing.
- Life’s obstacles are life’s opportunities. The man sick with palsy could not move, he could only lie on a bed and be carried by friends. What he could not do, his friends did for him (Luke 5:17-20). At a critical time when the home where Jesus was became filled, the agreement of faith allowed them to faith forward by opening the roof—the time to act is now.
While the Samarian people thought they were protecting the city by shutting the gate against the lepers, they never knew they presented them with an express way to the Syrian camp. Despite the shut gate, the lepers acted.
- If you are presented with a shut gate, you can:
Turn back—Hebrews 10:39
Use the right Key—Revelations 3:7
Speak to the gate—Psalms 23
Pull down the gate—Judges 16:3
- For every child of God there is always a way out of any situation. If God allowed you to begin, it means you exist.
- God will not have allowed you to be conceived unless He already had a finish for you.
- It is okay to ponder, reflect or consider because you believe where you are now is not where you are supposed to be.
- In your reflection, never forget that God is saying, “If I started you, it is because I have already finished you.”
- The fact that you exist is enough proof that you are born to start something that is already finished.
- God is not wondering about your future. You are not an experiment. You are a project that is already completed. Your life is guaranteed.
- The only thing that God wants from you is your purpose. Whatever God intended you to become is what gives Him pleasure. God is not pleased until you are doing what He gave you birth to start.
- Success in the kingdom of God is not having everybody else applaud you; it is when you perform for the audience of one. When God claps, you are a success, not when everybody else claps.
- The lepers arrived at some conclusions, “if we stay here we’ll die, if we go into the city we’ll die and if we go into the Syrian camp we’ll die.” Whichever way they knew that death is the ultimate. Though a thought like this is negative but it affected their action.
- The power to decide is the trouble with life and the difficulty in life is deciding what to decide. You are, right now, the sum total of the choices you make everyday. You will become exactly what you have decided. If you don’t like what you have become, you’ve got to make different decisions.