The Day of His Power
“The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.” (Psalm 110:1-3, KJV)
In the day:
Every day is God’s day but the day you discover his word for your life becomes your day. God is always ready to bless his children. He will not go and look for power anywhere before he can bless. He is always and ever ready. 2 Corinthians 6:2, Psalm 104:13
What is Power?
Power can be described as:
- The ability to act – Accomplishment
- The Possession of control – Authority
- The Legal capacity to do – Attorney
- The Faculty Of Wisdom — Aptitude
- The Ability to save — Atonement
Jesus has the ability to validate all these five definitions of power in your life.
He is a recognized achiever—disarmed Satan (Luke 10:18),
He has unparalleled authority—storm obey Him (Mark 4:39), everything obey Him—Habakkuk 3:4-6, Ezra 1:2-
He is a refined attorney—an unrelenting intercessor (Romans 8:34, John 8:3-11),
He has a limitless capacity to do—wisdom cannot be fathomed (1 Corinthians 2:6-8, Romans 11:33, Mark 6:2)
He is our savior—he can save to the uttermost (Hebrews 7:28)
This is why he declared, “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.” (Matthew 28:18, KJV)
- It is the language of the Kingdom. It is the means of communication to the terrestrial and celestial bodies. This is the language that causes things to happen in the kingdom.
“For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.” (1 Corinthians 4:20, KJV) Without power, you are a nobody in the kingdom.
- The main language that the enemy or any obstacle understands is power.
“Say unto God, How terrible art thou in thy works! through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee.” (Psalm 66:3, KJV)
- To show that power pass power
“When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. But when a stronger than he comes upon him and overcomes him, he takes from him all his armor in which he trusted, and divides his spoils.” (Luke 11:21-22, NKJV)
- To deliver you out of a problem of long continuance “And because He loved your fathers, therefore He chose their descendants after them; and He brought you out of Egypt with His Presence, with His mighty power,” (Deuteronomy 4:37, NKJV) Deuteronomy 9:29
- For your enemies to become your footstool, so that you can rule.
“The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool. The Lord shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of Your enemies!” (Psalm 110:1-2, NKJV)
Avenue of God’s power
- His hand: “Thy right hand, O Lord, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O Lord, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.” (Exodus 15:6, KJV)
- His voice: Psalm 29
- His word: “Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?” (Ecclesiastes 8:4, KJV)
“And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.” (Luke 4:32, KJV)
- His breath: ”Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.” (Psalm 18:15, KJV)
- His anointing oil: 1 Samuel 10:1; 6, 1 Samuel 16:14 and 18—Unlocks potential`
How do you connect with his power?
The struggle of life continues until you engage the right word. “How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?” (Job 6:25, KJV)
Therefore when you find such a word, you dive into it. “ The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.” (Luke 16:16, KJV)
When His word locates you by His mercy, His power has located you. “Where the word of a king is, there is power; And who may say to him, “What are you doing?” (Ecclesiastes 8:4, NKJV)
Therefore, He can tell you:
- The yoke is broken “Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: I have broken the yoke of the king of Babylon.” (Jeremiah 28:2, TAB)
- Fear not:
- Nothing to fear—Luke 1:26-30 (Angel Gabriel to Mary); Luke 2:8-10 (shepherds)
- Something to fear but somebody has taken care of it—Mark 5:36—(Jairus, do not be afraid only believe)
- There is a battle bigger than you but the battle is not yours—Exodus 14:10-14(note vs 13(fear ye not stand ye still..) also 2 Chronicles 20:17—Ye shall not need to fight in this battle.
- Do not carry a burden that is not yours—Numbers 16:1-3
- It is done: “And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.” (Revelation 21:5-6, KJV)
The reliability of any spoken or written word is always dependent on the issuer of the command i.e. it is the power of the speaker that enforces the authority in the word.
- It is Overturned: “I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.” (Ezekiel 21:27, KJV)
- It is Written: “And Jesus replied to him, It is written, Man shall not live and be sustained by (on) bread alone but by every word and expression of God.” (Luke 4:4, AMP) Also vs 8 and 12
There is something in your past that will end your problems ushering in great possibilities for you. People may think your past will paralyze your future but it is going to promote you in Jesus name. This also adds credence to the time tested spiritual conclusion that what God is going to use to bless you is already in you. What the enemies thought will floor your destiny will eventually favour you. The obstacles that you think have strewn your path even threatening your destiny are opportunities that will cause you to triumph in life. Your apparent or perceived weakness is minute compared to the might of God and the treasure deposited in you.
- It is Finished: “So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.” (John 19:30, NKJV)