“Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.” (Psalm 102:13, KJV)
And Jesus increased in wisdom (in broad and full understanding) and in stature and years, and in favor with God and man.” (Luke 2:52, TAB)
A woman conceives, a farmer plant seeds, a student enters university and a journey is started. A common denominator to all the activities is that there is a time factor. It is not the same time that you conceive that you give birth else there is an experience called miscarriage or abortion nor is the time for matriculation the same as convocation else there is failure.
“There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven.”(Ecclesiastes 3:1, NLT)
According to our first Bible verse, there is a time for favor. This means that if you miss the time, you may never get it again or you have to wait for quite a long time.
Favour is an act that the devil has no answer to. Favour is the difference between stagnation and progress. The favour of God brings an end to weeping. “.. in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.” (Psalm 30:5, KJV)
The favour of God signals the end of emptiness in the life of any man. “And I will give these people favour in the eyes of the Egyptians. When you go, you will not go empty handed.” (Exodus 3:21, NLT)
With favour you are a victor minus favour you are a loser. “By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.” (Psalm 41:11, KJV)
Favour is a lifter. “He lifts the poor from the dust–yes, from a pile of ashes! He treats them like princes, placing them in seats of honour. For all the earth is the LORD’s, and he has set the world in order.” (1Samuel 2:8, NLT)
- Favor is the pathway of mercy for unusual blessings—“And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favor have I had mercy on thee.” (Is. 60:10, KJV)
- Favor with God always connects favor with men—“And the child Samuel grew on, and was in favor both with the Lord, and also with men.” (1 Samuel 2:26)
- Favor is the lubricant for victory—“ For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favor our horn shall be exalted.” (Psalm 89:17)
- Divine Visitation is in favor—“Thou hast granted me life and favor, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.” (Job 10:12, KJV)
- When Jehoshaphat had cash flow problems, he gathered kings together to deposit money in his bank account to prove that the gold and silver belongs to him.
- To prove that He is the true Lion he shut the mouth of other lions when Daniel was thrown into the lions den.
- To prove that He is the way, he made a way in the red sea.
- To prove that His yoke is easy and His burden light, He allowed Peter to catch multitude of fishes where he has failed before.
- Ruth — Where you go I will go (Ruth 1:16)
- Mary — Be it unto me according to thy word (Luke 1:38)
- Shadrach, Mesach and Abednego – We are not careful to answer you in this matter (Daniel 3:16-18)
- Daniel — Refuse to defile himself (Daniel 1:8)