“So he departed from there, and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen before him, and he was with the twelfth. Then Elijah passed by him and threw his mantle on him.” (1Kings 19:19-21)
“And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for today I must abide at thy house. And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.” (Luke 19:5-6)
Last Sunday we started a series to unravel as it were the path to receive heavenly visits and blessing. We shall continue in the same path.
The Lord God is the only one who has the power to turn around a mortal’s situation and ensures the blessings remain permanent. Whenever God wants to move a man to the next level or phase of his destiny, God will arrange a divine visitation. The scripture is full of many examples of how God worked to achieve His design, plans and purpose for various individuals;
He may come by Himself – in the case of Moses at the backside of the desert Exo 3:4.
He may send an Angel – In the case of Zachariah Luke 1:11-12, Mary mother of Jesus, Luke 1:28, and Jacob Gen 32:24.
He may also send a prophet – In the case of Elisha, David 1 Sam 16:13, and Saul. 1 Sam 9:17.
God never does anything without a purpose, if God arranges a divine visitation for you it will be for a purpose,
– probably to give you a hint of the remaining part of your life or to unravel your destiny to you
– To transform your destiny like the mad man of Gaderene had a life transforming visitation from a raging madman to an evangelist Mark 5:1-20. The widow of Nain’s son was raised from the dead, Luke 7: 14-15.
– To frustrate the plan of the enemy to truncate your destiny Dan 3-end (the three Hebrew children, Shedrach, Meshach & Abednego), to give you an assurance that he is still with you – fear not.
“He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God”. Dan 3:25
God visited them the plan of the enemy was frustrated.
God can visit whomsoever he decides. However, there were instances that our actions can cause him to visit our destiny. King Solomon is a typical example that readily comes to mind.
“And Solomon went up thither to the brasen altar before the Lord, which was at the tabernacle of the congregation, and offered a thousand burnt offerings upon it.
In that night did God appear unto Solomon, and said unto him, Ask what I shall give thee.” (2 ch 1:6-7)
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death” Rev 12:11
One thing that is certain and undoubted is that ‘Without Test there is no Testimony.
The heroes of faith had test and then testimony. My testimony can be summarized in a phrase ‘I am a child of destiny’ everything about me from childhood to my present state is an embodiment of testimony.
– Career-wise ‘eating like an elephant working like an ant’
– In Ministry – Accelerated Divine promotion.
– Godly seeds – Waited, triumph, testified.
Our God is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him, you too will testify in the fullness of time in the name of Jesus. Are you positioned for Divine Visitation? Are you ready for an accelerated Divine Visitation?
Why don’t you;
– Seek him early Prv 8:17
– Seek Him with all your heart Jer 34:11
– Surrender totally to Him Prov 15:9.
With your decision and resolve to be well positioned for His Visitation, He will not pass you bye, He will surely settle you this season.